Traditional marketing is losing effectiveness by the day; forward-thinking marketers know there must be a better way.
Content marketing is a must.
Content marketing is a strategy-oriented marketing approach that focuses on creating and sharing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and keep a defined audience and ultimately to drive profitable customer actions.
Instead of selling your products and services, you provide valuable content relevant to your customers and prospects to solve their problems.
Leading brands use content marketing.
According to our annual research, the majority of marketers use content marketing. It is used by numerous prominent organizations around the globe, such as P&G and Microsoft, Cisco Systems, John Deere, and John Deere. It is also used by small businesses and single-person shops all over the world. Why? It works.
This is one example of content marketing at work:
Content marketing is great for your bottom line and your customers.
There are four main reasons and benefits for businesses to use content marketing.
- Sales increase
- Cost savings
- Loyalty is a better way to get customers.
- Content as a profit center
Marketing is all about content.
Reread the content marketing definition once more. This time, remove the valuable and relevant. This is the difference between content marketing and other informational junk you receive from companies trying to sell you “stuff”. Companies do send information all the way. But most of it doesn’t matter or is spammy. This makes content marketing so interesting in today’s world of thousands of marketing messages per day.
Without great content, marketing is impossible.
Regardless of the type of marketing strategy you choose, content marketing should be part and parcel of your overall marketing plan. All forms of marketing should include quality content.
- Social media marketing: Your social media strategy should be based on content marketing strategy.
- SEO: Businesses that produce consistent, quality content are rewarded by search engines.
- PR: A successful PR strategy should focus on issues that matter to readers, not just their business.
- PPC: You need to have great content for PPC to be successful.
- Inbound marketing: Content is the key to driving traffic and leads.
- Content strategy: The content strategy is an integral part of all content marketing strategies.
A documented content marketing strategy is crucial for content marketing success.
Imagine if customers were excited to receive your marketing. Imagine if they spent 15-30 minutes reading your marketing when it arrived via email, print, or website. What if they were able to anticipate it and share it with their peers.
We can help if you are curious and eager to learn more. Here are some popular ways to get in on the action:
- Are you new to content marketing? Please take a look at our getting started guide. It will explain the basics of content marketing and outline the steps needed to create a plan.
- Do you need a content strategy for your content marketing campaign? Download the CMI Content Marketing Framework. It outlines the key building blocks of a successful content marketing plan.
- Searching for content marketing examples? Download this ebook: 40 Content Marketing Ideas.
- Do you work in marketing leadership? Sign up for Chief Content Officer to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Looking for advice that is specific to your company? Get in touch with our consulting team, headed by strategist Robert Rose to learn how they can assist you with your content marketing challenges.