Modern marketing uses technology to help guide future strategies. It is best to divide a digital platform into two parts: digital business platforms and digital marketing. Let’s look at the relationship between them.
What is Digital Marketing?
Any marketing strategy that uses online media and the internet via connected devices, such as smartphones, computers at home, or the Internet of Things, is called digital marketing. Common digital marketing strategies include distributing brand messages through search engines, social networks, applications, email and websites.
Digital marketing today often focuses on reaching customers with more conversion-oriented messages through multiple channels. This is because they are moving down the sales funnel. Marketing teams should track how each channel and message contributes to their ultimate goal.
Digital Marketing Assets Examples
A digital marketing asset can be described as an online tool to promote your brand. These are some of the most common examples.
- Profiles on Social Media
- Images and video content
- Blog Posts and eBooks
- Review and testimonials from customers
- Logos, images, and icons that are branded
What is a Digital Marketing Platform (DMP)?
Gartner states that platforms are tools that offer multiple technologies or business capabilities. Platforms can support many functions, including scheduling social media updates. Some tools address specific business needs, but platforms also provide multiple functions. Platforms often allow for more functions through APIs, integrations and partnerships with other apps or data sources.
Let’s now return to the original question. What is a digital platform for marketing? A digital platform for marketing is a solution that can support a wide range of functions in internet marketing. According to Gartner, It is important to remember that a platform cannot support all aspects of digital marketing. Instead, it will only cover functionality such as Media buying Performance measurement and optimization, brand tracking. It may not include other marketing efforts such as SEO and social media.
Why is digital marketing important?
Digital marketing is on the rise. In 2019, spent on traditional advertising for the first-ever time. Because consumers are more present online, digital marketing is on the rise. Digital marketing platforms are essential for the digital marketing industry. AI, machine learning and other tech advancements make it easier for marketers to use the marketing techniques to reach consumers via digital devices at the right time. This is in contrast to traditional marketing methods, which must be planned and implemented well in advance. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, and blogs dominate the digital marketing market. Take a look at the following:
- The internet is used by 4.4 billion people worldwide 7.7 million people
- Nearly 30% of consumers prefer to interact with brands via social media channels rather than in-store.
Organizations must be available across all digital channels and devices to remain competitive. This doesn’t mean that offline channels must be neglected. An omnichannel presence, which includes offline and digital elements, is the best way to satisfy consumer needs.
These are just a few reasons digital platforms can help your business:
- To represent your company across all platforms, you can create an online community.
- Personalized exchanges between producers and consumers
- This increases consumer appeal and builds trust between buyers, sellers, and customers.
- The use of API’s Allows a third party to facilitate users’ exchange.
- Your organization can use digital marketing to create a customer-oriented program and maximize the benefits for clients by using digital marketing. You can also use digital marketing platforms to measure and adjust company goals and get a higher return on your investment. These platforms and initiatives allow for ongoing engagement, even after a purchase. This can be a great way to help marketing teams foster brand loyalty and customer retention.